For The Children
Royal Family KIDS program Chapter #1
Tour de OC exists to provide a fun family event to help support Royal Family KIDS-Newport Mesa, a unique camp and mentoring program for abused and neglected children.
Our goal is to send 120 kids to camp, and provide 50 kids with year-year round mentoring. It costs $1,500.00 to provide 1 week of camp and year-round mentoring for one child. We would like to provide this opportunity to as many kids as possible. Your donation goes directly to supporting kids from Orange County currently in the foster care system.
What does Royal Family KIDS offer to the kids in need?
- Positive memories for abused, neglected and abandoned children.
- Most of the kids have never celebrated their birthday. Many have never received a birthday card. An “Everybody’s Birthday Party” with Birthday Boxes filled with small presents is celebrated at camp.
- They have a camp Grandma and Grandpa who provide all the hugs the kids want.
- Many of abused kids do not have any family pictures or pictures of themselves. Pictures are taken throughout the year and are made into a memory book which is given to each child at the end of the program.
- There is a 2 to 1 ratio of campers to counselors. All of the counselors and staff are screened and trained.
- 1-on-1 Mentoring is available for all kids that attend camp.
- Provides mentoring and relationship building through the school year
- an opportunity to attend monthly club meetings
- Create memories that many of the kids have never experienced, such as playing in snow, participating in a scavenger hunt, and touring a local zoo.
Who attends Royal Family KIDS Camp and Mentoring Club?
- Most of the campers are in foster care.
- They are kids who have been abused, neglected and abandoned.
- Camps and Mentoring Clubs are for kid’s ages 6 to 12
- Since 1985 we have helped more than 60,000 kids.
- Royal Family KIDS is the nation’s leading network of camps, clubs and mentoring for abused, neglected and abandoned children.
- Annually, 3 million cases are reported in America of child abuse, neglect or abandonment.
- One of these victims dies every four hours due to that abuse.
- Wayne and Diane Tesch founded Royal Family KIDS in 1985 at Newport Mesa Church. Wayne and Diane are highly respected, personal friends of many of the riders and event coordinators for Tour de OC.
- More information about Royal Family KIDS in California: